HIVSA is a South African nonprofit company that offers comprehensive care and support to those individuals infected and affected by HIV/AIDS, their families and those living in impoverished circumstances.
HIVSA seeks to appoint a Social Worker, based in Johannesburg.
The person will be responsible for Implementing and spearheading activities aimed at strengthening adolescent programming activities for HIVSA’s partner CBOs that work with Orphans, Vulnerable Children and the Youth.
The Social Worker will be responsible for operational and supervisory activities within the adolescent programme, directly providing guidance, support and mentorship services to Social Auxiliary Workers. This position requires a comprehensive and detailed understanding of adolescent issues. The incumbent should possess a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Social Work degree and registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP);
- Experience in supervising Social Auxiliary Workers;
- Community development experience with minimum of three years within the context of child protection, therapeutic work, social development, and/or health;
- Good understanding and experience working in adolescent and HIV/AIDS programmes;
- Good understanding and experience of working with Community Based Organisations;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and within a team setting;
- Sound decision making and problem solving skills;
- Ability to manage time, work under pressure prioritise tasks to meet deadlines;
- Ability to speak a minimum of two African languages, especially Zulu and Sotho;
- Excellent report writing skills, computer and power point presentation skills;
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV (not more than 5 pages) and motivational letter and three contactable referees to: The HR Officer, P O Box 3869, Southgate, 2082, e-mail: email@example.com or fax to: 086 244 5444.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about HIVSA, refer to www.hivsa.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.