HIVSA is a South African nonprofit company that offers comprehensive care and support to those individuals infected and affected by HIV/AIDS, their families and those living in impoverished circumstances.
HIVSA seeks to appoint a Community Health Work (CHW) Trainer with a nursing background to be responsible for coordination and support for the training of Community Health Workers, based in Johannesburg.
The CHW Trainer should have a good understanding of Community Health Worker issues in South Africa. S/he will support aspects of the CHW programme, including stakeholder liaison, and provide both accredited and non-accredited training and assessment and learner support as per HWSETA requirements. The CHW Trainer will also be responsible for reviewing and development of training material as well as fulfilment of administrative tasks.
- Training of Community Health Workers using a variety of methodologies;
- Assessment of portfolios of evidence;
- Training Reports;
- Stakeholder liaison;
- Developing and updating of training materials;
- Other duties as and when required.
- Degree in Nursing or equivalent qualification (covering Maternal Health, Child Health, Communicable and Non-Communicable diseases, Community Health & Environmental Health);
- Diploma or equivalent, in Nursing Education OR experience with providing training to community health workers;
- Post qualification experience in a primary health care or a community setting;
- At least three years experience in training both accredited (HWSETA) and non-accredited training courses;
- Registration as an assessor with the HWSETA;
- Ability to build effective working relationships at provincial and district level to facilitate program implementation;
- Good report writing skills;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Sound decision making and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and excellent patterns of communication;
- Valid unendorsed driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV (not more than 5 pages) and motivational letter and three contactable referees to the HR Officer at email@example.com or fax to: 086 244 5444.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about HIVSA, refer to www.hivsa.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.