Higher Life Foundation (HLF) is a nonprofit human development organisation, encompassing five Trusts with operations in Zimbabwe, South Africa, Burundi and Lesotho. The Trusts have a specific focus on education, healthcare and technology as their primary channels to bring transformative development in Sub - Saharan Africa. HLF’s flagship Trust, Capernaum Trust, presently the largest privately funded scholarship program in Sub-Saharan Africa, provides full scholarships to thousands of students in primary school, high school and university. The scholarships are also renowned as a platform for the beneficiaries to attend some of the world¹s top educational institutions in the USA, United Kingdom and South Africa.
Higher Life Foundation seeks to appoint a Business Development Analyst, based in Johannesburg.
The Business Development Analyst will contribute to the business development and project management of the Higher Life Foundation’s International operations by supporting in the following areas: Financial process efficiency, project analysis, budget preparation, financial reporting.
The role in particular involves: identification and implementation of major business opportunities for HLF Digital Learning Platform, writing and leading projects for proof of concept, prototyping and piloting. Providing research insight on developments in technology, online learning, digital inclusion, digital government, community development, social innovation, related skills, and learning agendas.
- The incumbent is responsible for actively searching for, creatively designing and implementing effective methods to educate enhance performance of HLF Beneficiaries through online training courses;
- Responsible for the effective development, coordination and presentation of training and development programmes;
- Assess property-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives that will successfully reduce the investment in education scholarships for beneficiaries of Higher Life Foundation;
- Identify and arrange suitable online training solutions that can be applied internally and outsourced to external entities and academic institutions;
- Conduct follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results; modify programs as needed; develop effective training materials utilising a variety of media;
- Develop trainer development programs and coach others [e.g. Manager Regions] involved in training efforts, providing effective growth and development opportunities;
- Provide to the Executive Chairperson and General Manager International to identify and implement major business opportunities, writing and leading bids for projects for proof of concept, prototyping and piloting;
- Provide research insight on developments in technology, online learning, digital inclusion, digital government, community development, social innovation and related skills and learning agendas;
- Ensure to interpret business strategy and determine innovative solutions supporting strategy implementation;
- Design and implement select technology-assisted training activities, including on-line synchronous training activities that directly correlate with the reduction in the investment in education and other HLF programming activities including healthcare;
- Analysis of business plans under the guidance of General Manager International and CEO International;
- Coordination of Advisory and Board meetings in the international Office;
- Setting up and implementation of project management activities in the International Office under the guidance of General Manager International and CEO International;
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete.
- BSci / BA in Economics, Statistics or Project Management or related field, and three years combined experience in business development and analytics;
- Understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management from a support perspective;
- Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes;
- Understanding of project delivery and acceptance processes within a fast-paced business environment;
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups;
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and a motivation letter detailing your interest in and suitability for the position to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only candidates authorised to work in South Africa without any restrictions need to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend an interview.
For more about Higher Life Foundation, refer to www.higherlifefoundation.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.