Heifer International South Africa
Heifer International South Africa’s (Heifer) mission is to work with communities to end hunger and poverty in South Africa and care for the Earth. As a means to reach our mission, the organisation is scaling up its programme work and impact in order to reach more families at a faster pace supported by stronger systems.
Heifer seeks to recruit a Programmes Administrator and Finance Assistant to be part of Programmes Department, based in Blouberg Project Office, Polokwane, Limpopo.
Under the supervision of the Senior Project Coordinator, the Project Admin and Finance Assistant will play a key role in ensuring the efficient running of the project office, supporting the project team with administrative and finance tasks and ensuring that administrative and finance policies of the organization are adhered to. The Project Admin and Finance Assistant will also interact with the public on behalf of the project team and work closely with other departments and offices in the organization.
- Process in-coming and out-going mail;
- Answer the office telephone and communicate messages in a timely and professionally manner;
- Interact with the public via telephone and in person on behalf of the team and manage the office front desk;
- Develop and maintain a central filing system for the project;
- Co-ordinate and assist in the logistical preparations for team members and visitors;
- Assist in the management of the office fleet;
- Maintain general office appearance and cleanliness;
- Purchase and replenish office supplies as needed;
- Prepare and circulate minutes of team meetings and other meetings as directed by the Coordinators;
- Assist Coordinators with the preparation and submission of reports;
- Prepare cheque requisitions and payment requests as directed by the Senior Project Coordinator and/or Project Field Coordinator;
- Maintain basic financial records for the team;
- Assist team members with reconciliations for advances;
- Manage and account for office petty cash;
- Work with the national office finance and administration teams to ensure that all finance policies are correctly followed;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Senior certificate/diploma or equivalent in office management, business management or related field desirable;
- Minimum of two years office experience, with admin, reception and finance responsibilities. Five years will be desirable;
- Basic bookkeeping experience desirable;
- Experience dealing with members of the public;
- Ability to communicate via telephone and e-mail;
- Computer literate;
- Efficient and detail-oriented;
- Strong commitment to quality and accuracy;
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment;
- Honesty and professionalism in dealing with colleagues, project participants, partner organizations and other project stakeholders.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees and motivation letter to Human Resources, Heifer International South Africa at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not hear from Heifer International South Africa within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Heifer International South Africa, refer to www.heifer.org.za.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.