Health Systems Trust
The Health Systems Trust (HST) is a nonprofit organisation that strives to build comprehensive, effective, efficient and equitable national health systems by supporting the implementation of functional health districts in South Africa and in the southern African region.
HST seeks to appoint to appoint eight facilitators to support the Reducing Maternal and Child Mortality through Strengthening Primary Health Care (RMCH) programme.
The incumbents would be involved in facilitating improved access to and use of high quality Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health services through strengthening PHC activities and will focus on mentoring District Clinical Specialist Teams (DCSTs) and District Health Management Teams (DHMTs) in pursuit of improved maternal and child health (MCH) outcomes.
This is a one-year, fixed-term contract position, renewable based on funding and performance.
- Building relationships and networks for sharing and replicating MCH good practices;
- Working closely with MCH stakeholders, including provincial and district PHC and MCH coordinators and DHMT members, to strengthen leadership and management of the MCH programme;
- Developing and updating a database of provincial and district MCH partners and establishing working partnerships towards achieving the aim of the MCH programme;
- Assisting DHMTs in harnessing efforts across the three streams of PHC towards improving MCH outcomes;
- Fostering integration of RMCH demand and supply activities.
- Basic degree in health care and post-basic qualification in health care. (A Master in public health would be a strong recommendation);
- Minimum of five years professional experience in planning and managing public health projects related to Maternal and Child Health.
Remuneration: A salary packages commensurate with experience and qualifications and in line with HST’s Job Grading System will be offered to the successful candidates.
To apply, submit a CV, names and contact details (preferably e-mail addresses) of at least three referees and motivation letter to Ms Kemona Pillai at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 031-266 9199. Also, indicate your salary expectation and preferred work location.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
HST reserves the right not fill this post. We promote employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Health Systems Trust, refer to www.hst.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.