Harvesters Family of Ministries
Harvesters Family of Ministries is actively involved with church planting, pastoral training, discipleship, Bible distribution and feeding of vulnerable children. The Harvesters Family of Ministries comprises of Harvesters International Ministries (HIM), Harvesters Bible School (HBS), Bibles for Believers (B4B), Wheels for God’s Word and Harvest Aid (HA) - NPO and PBO and BEE compliant.
Harvesters Family of Ministries seeks to appoint a Major Donor Marketer, based in West Rand of Johannesburg.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
The duties include, but are not limited to, making personal visits and written solicitations, hosting introductory events, writing and editing proposals and reports, timely correspondence and reporting, and initiating meetings for prospects and current major donors. The successful candidate will also be responsible for cultivating existing relationships individual and institutional prospects and donors with strong emphasis on discovering and developing new relationships and funding partnerships. In order to succeed, the successful candidate must be a dynamic and engaging individual who possesses interpersonal skills and can use effective techniques to articulate clear and compelling cases for supporting the Harvesters Family of Ministries.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward ministry partners (donors) and prospects (individuals, churches, organisations and foundations / trusts etc;
- Cultivate individual major donors from Harvesters Family of Ministries databases and other prospect sources;
- Cultivate planned giving relationships with new and existing ministry partners;
- Develop and execute strategies to cultivate, solicit and steward ministry partners for capital, endowment, and planned gifts;
- In conjunction with the chief executive officer, identify key priority projects, and create potential major donor / organisational fundraising opportunities;
- Maintain a portfolio of prospects and donors that generate five- and six-figure gifts from a wide range of sources including individuals, organisations, churches, foundations and corporations;
- Act as principal strategist for each prospect within the database with specific responsibility to develop a written donor strategy and relationship record for all interactions;
- Set and obtain realistic goals;
- Manage a cost-effective budget and expenses related to fundraising;
- Work collaboratively with development staff and leadership to promote a successful development and fundraising environment;
- Stay abreast of emerging trends in the major giving field;
- Sustain a transparent relation with donors and internal support structures regarding all funding received by Harvesters Family of Ministries;
- Develop and implement a comprehensive individual gift recognition programme that ensures all major and planned giving donors receive appropriate, consistent communication and an accounting of the impact of their gift;
- Perform other job related duties as requested or assigned by the chief executive officer.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- Communication skills with a persuasive ability, including strong written, verbal and presentation skills that can articulate our vision in corporate and church settings alike;
- Financial understanding that includes both budgeting and key financial statements as well as internal budgeting;
- At least five to seven years of managing high-level, strategic donor relationships with a proven track record of closing large gifts from individual donors, foundations, corporations and/or religious organisations;
- Goal-oriented, able to work both independently and collaboratively, possess a sense of humour and be adept at prioritising work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working effectively with leadership and volunteers;
- Experience working in a missions setting preferred;
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively on a national level and attend program and fundraising activities on evenings and weekends;
- Ability to pay attention to detail;
- Decision making ability;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Must have attitude of continuous learning and self-development;
- Positivity, strong interpersonal and motivational skills;
- Planning and organising skill;
- High degree of technological proficiency, including experience with fundraising systems ( MS Word, Excel, Internet and database software);
- A self-starter with experience in building new relationships while managing competing deadlines and attaining goals;
- Driver’s licence and own vehicle;
- Sensitive to socio - economic environment of the region;
- Testimony of personal salvation;
- Involvement in an evangelistic church (a testimonial may be required);
- Must acknowledge the Word of God as Holy Spirit inspired and the full authority in all areas of life;
- Deep, abiding passion for the Harvesters Family of Ministries and its commitment to economic, spiritual and social transformation.
To apply, refer to www.biblesforbelievers.org, and click on job opportunities.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
For more about Harvesters Family of Ministries, refer to http://mission.co.za.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.