GenderCCSA-Women for Climate Justice
GenderCC Southern Africa is a nonprofit organisation which has been setup in September 2010 with the vision of becoming a platform of powerful women and men who effectively represent the needs and rights of grass roots communities in national, regional and international climate policy arenas. Its main mission is to build a platform for an informed and resilient movement of Southern African women, which empowers them to understand, make decisions and influence policy and practice regarding climate change, for the benefit of the broader society. GenderCCSA is partnering with Oxfam GB to implement a three year: Sustainable use of natural resources to improve resilience in South Africa - A grassroots women’s initiative funded by the European Union.
GenderCCSA seeks to appoint two Fieldworkers, based in Tzaneen (Limpopo) and Cape Town (Western Cape).
This is a one-year fixed-term contract which is renewable.
The candidates will report to the Coordinator and be required to work closely with the local project partners.
- Travel to project sites regularly when needed and they will be responsible for community mobilisation and consultation processes;
- Schedule project deliverables;
- Train trainers;
- Oversight of technology installations;
- Document, report and project site management.
- Minimum of five years’ fieldwork experience in a similar role within the community development environment;
- Excellent computer skills (spreadsheets and word processing; Great leadership skills and ability to work with communities;
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in reading, writing and speaking in English;
- Fluent in local language such as SePedi and, isiXhosa;
- Willingness to travel extensively within the province for periods at a time as needed;
- Willing to work in variable weather conditions;
- Experience in participatory community development methodologies,
- Ability to organise groups safely and productively;
- Network and negotiate skills working with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Experience working in a fast paced work environment;
- Dependable, responsible, independent, and open to learning; and willing to work a flexible schedule.
A salary package commensurate with experience is offered.
To apply, submit a CV in microsoft word, motivational letter with details of your current salary and benefits package to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, assume your application was unsuccessful.
This position is funded by the European Union.
For more about GenderCCSA-Women for Climate Justice, refer to www.gendercc.net.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.