GenderCCSA-Women for Climate Justice
GenderCC Southern Africa is a nonprofit organisation which has been setup in September 2010 with the vision of becoming a platform of powerful women and men who effectively represent the needs and rights of grass roots communities in national, regional and international climate policy arenas. Its main mission is to build a platform for an informed and resilient movement of Southern African women, which empowers them to understand, make decisions and influence policy and practice regarding climate change, for the benefit of the broader society.
GenderCCSA seeks to appoint a Bookkeeper / Administrative Assistant, based in Johannesburg.
GenderCCSA is partnering with Oxfam GB to implement a three year: Sustainable use of natural resources to improve resilience in South Africa - A grassroots women’s initiative funded by the European Union.
This is a one-year fixed contract which is renewable. The successful candidate will work alongside the Coordinator.
- Qualification in bookkeeping or accountancy;
- Computer skills and knowledge of accounting packages, e.g. Pastel will be an advantage;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is essential;
- Minimum of five years experience in the financial field; Experience in the NGO sector and with EU projects would be an added advantage;
- Ability to work accurately under pressure;
- Team Player, with inter-personal communicative skills, self-guided, strong analytical, organizational and planning skills;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Experience with creditors control.
- Strong finance and administrative skills;
- Book-keeping and accounting, including producing financial reports for the organisation;
- HR administration;
- Office management and maintenance;
- Knowledge of IT systems;
- Project support and compliances with SARS.
A salary package commensurate with experience is offered.
To apply, submit a MS Word CV and motivational letter with details of your current salary and benefits package to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not hear from GenderCCSA within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application was unsuccessful.
This position is funded by the European Union
For more about GenderCCSA-Women for Climate Justice, refer to www.gendercc.net.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.