GenderCC Southern Africa - Women for Climate Justice
GenderCC Southern Africa is a nonprofit organisation with the vision of becoming a platform of powerful women and men who effectively represent the needs and rights of grass roots communities in national, regional and international climate policy arenas. GenderCC’s main mission is to build a platform for an informed and resilient movement of Southern African women, which empowers them to understand, make decisions and influence policy and practice regarding climate change, for the benefit of the broader society.
GenderCCSA seeks to appoint an Executive Director, based in Johannesburg.
Accountable to the Board, the Executive Director will be responsible for the organisation as a whole.
S/he will be responsible for strategic planning, staffing, fundraising, report writing, governance; evaluation, networking, advocacy and profiling the organisation.
- Tertiary level qualification or equivalent; more than five years experience working on issues of gender and climate change;
- Experience on working on issues of gender, climate change and development;
- Management and leadership experience in the development of programmes and managing staff;
- Knowledge of gender and women’s position in climate change;
- Knowledge of the development sector in general and sustainable development in particular;
- Relevant fundraising experience;
- Communication skills (written and verbal);
- Contextual understanding, conceptual ability and proven skill in the key performance areas are a prerequisite;
- Valid driver’s licence and own car essential.
GenderCCSA offers a competitive salary and Remuneration is dependant on experience and qualification.
Female candidates will be preferred.
To apply, submit the following to email@example.com:
- A CV.
- A short motivation (1 page maximum) in support of your application demonstrating how you meet the requirements of this post, and citing any relevant experience in gender, climate change and development work.
- Names and contact details of 3 referees (previous employer(s) who can comment on your suitability for this role.
- Details of any current employer and your current salary. If you are not currently employed please give details of the last salary that you received.
- Details of when you would be able to commence work if you were offered the post.
Enquiries: Directed, Dorah Marema, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not hear from GenderCC within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application was unsuccessful.
GenderCCSA is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right not to make any appointment during this process.
For more about GenderCC Southern Africa, refer to www.gendercc.net.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.