Gender DynamiX (GDX) is a non-governmental, human rights organisation that promotes freedom of expression of gender identity and advocates for the rights of transgender, transsexual and gender non-conforming people.
Gender DynamiX seeks to appoint a Financial Officer, based in Cape Town.
The Financial Officer will fulfil the accounting function.
- General ledger accounting and control;
- Monitor adherence to internal controls;
- Maintain charts of accounts as appropriate;
- Ensure journals are correctly supported and captured in general ledger;
- Undertake regular monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliations;
- Complete month and year end closures of the general ledger system;
- Ensure timely recording of entries to the General Ledger;
- Returns and reporting;
- Payment and reconciliation of VAT, etc;
- Assist with annual statutory audit;
- Assist with project audits as required;
- Preparation of regular project financial reports;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Manage and control petty cash;
- Develop and maintain a sales and stock system.
- Minimum of five years experience as a financial officer with financial/bookkeeping focus;
- Financial qualification and knowledge of nonprofit organisations will be an advantage.
- Communication skills, written and verbal;
- IT skills and experience with Pastel Evolution;
- Ability to handle the pressure of meeting deadlines and targets;
- Own transport and valid code 8 driver’s licence will be an advantage.
- Salary: A salary commensurate with experience will be offered.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of at least three contactable referees and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand post to GenderDynamiX, Saartjie Baartman Centre, Klipfontein Road, Athlone (opposite the Nico Malan Training Centre). Alternatively, post to P O Box 347, Athlone, 7760.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Candidates should be available for interviews during the week of 20-24 May 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Gender DynamiX reserves the right not to appoint and re-advertise.
For more about Gender DynamiX, refer to www.genderdynamix.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.