Food & Trees for Africa
Food & Trees for Africa (FTFA) is South Africa’s pioneering social enterprise addressing sustainable development through climate change action, food security and greening, with a strong focus on environmental and climate change education and awareness.
FTFA seeks to appoint a Food Gardens for Africa Trainee Programme Manager, based in Woodmead, Johannesburg.
Reporting to the FTFA Management Committee, this Programme Manager will primary be responsible for ensuring effective delivery of the Food Gardens for Africa programme. This requires strong management of operations and team. Fundraising and sponsor relationship support is vital.
- Programme administration which includes scheduling, budget management, data capture, analysis and reporting;
- Communication with sponsors, beneficiaries, suppliers and in some cases mediaIdentifying funding opportunities and supporting proposal writing;
- Sponsor relationships;
- Management / leadership of a growing team, internal and external;
- Strategic programme development.
- Blend of a professional and a passionate environmentalist, committed to healthier people on a healthy planet, with relevant qualification and experience in greening and food security;
- Strong, dynamic leaders with five years management experience;
- Can multi-task and be flexible;
- Easily able to switch between our professional, fast paced, corporate sponsors and the realities of rural living - no internet, limited phone signal and pit toilets;
- Meticulous administrative organisation and a knowledge of current green and food big picture happenings are needed;
- Effective written and presentation communication skills, as well as an ability to listen and understand sponsors, beneficiaries and team needs is a must;
- Solutions orientated, positive and creative when it comes to overcoming challenges with good time management and the capacity to organise others to ensure the job gets done in the most efficient way;
- MS Office skills, report writing, sound permaculture experience and Google mapping knowledge are needed;
- Experience in fundraising and a good network is a bonus;
- wlexibility to travel nationally as and when required.
The salary is that of a nonprofit and is negotiable.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Food & Trees for Africa, refer to http://trees.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information