Fairfood International is a nonprofit global advocacy group with its head office based in Amsterdam and hubs located in several parts of the world, including Johannesburg. Fairfood encourages food and beverage companies worldwide to address socio-economic and environmental sustainability issues within their products’ supply chains. Fairfood envisions a future with a fair and sustainable food system, which is able to feed the world in a way that preserves the environment for future generations, respects human rights and secures a thriving economy for all.
Fairfood’s Advocacy department is composed of multidisciplinary teams working on advocacy interventions focused on various regions of the world (referred to as “Hotspots”). The Madagascar Hotspot focuses on improving sustainability in the Madagascar vanilla industry. The team has recently started to implement the project, which aims to influence corporate stakeholders to address socio-economic issues within the vanilla supply chain in Madagascar.
Fairfood’s Advocacy Department seeks to appoint a Campaign Assistant – Engagement, based Johannesburg.
As a Campaign Assistant - Engagement you will be responsible for assisting the Manager Advocacy Madagascar to implement the advocacy strategy of the project. You will have a versatile position and your outputs will be used directly in the campaign.
- Research CSR policies and practices of food and beverage companies and flavour houses;
- Explore various advocacy tools;
- Assist in developing individual advocacy strategies to engage with selected companies;
- Write internal and external communications on the above mentioned topics/strategies;
- Give feedback to the Manager Advocacy Madagascar as well as other members of the team;
- Assist in various administrative tasks.
- Be studying at or have graduated from an institute of higher education or a university or have acquired an equivalent working and thinking level through work experience;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently but are also a team player;
- Result-oriented, quality-focused and eager to learn;
- Ability to multi-task and to deliver results on time. Familiarity with or knowledge of advocacy/campaigning, the food and beverage industry, and/or sustainability is preferred;
- Experience in research, report writing, as well as fluency in French is a plus. Finally, you have affinity with Fairfood’s goals.
This position is an unpaid internship offering an opportunity to obtain work experience within a global NGO active in the area of sustainability. It offers you an opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge about the food industry, campaigning/advocacy and sustainability. You will have the freedom and opportunity to continue developing yourself and achieve tangible results. Working hours are flexible, but a minimum of sixteen hours a week for a period of at least three months is required. Starting date is negotiable. Work-home travels are re-imbursed and in-office lunches are provided.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum two pages) and motivation letter (one page) to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Lowna Gie, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about Fairfood International, refer to www.fairfood.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.