Equal Opportunity Foundation (EOF)
The Equal Opportunity Foundation (EOF) is an independent, nonprofit grant making agency, operating in all nine provinces. The EOF funds projects that are focused on uplifting the standards of living of the historically disadvantaged communities mainly targeting poverty pockets in both rural and urban areas.
The foundation's grant making programme seeks to reduce unemployment, alleviate poverty and capacitate both project participants and interested community members. The approach is to ensure sustainability of the projects by focusing on management and relevant skills training.
The EOF seeks to appoint a Project Officer, based in Cape Town.
- Visit and assess potential project partners;
- Provide ongoing support to funded projects;
- Monitor and evaluate funded programmes.
- B-degree or three year National Diploma in humanities, social science or development studies;
- Minimum of three years working experience in development finance and/or community development work;
- Experience in managing and developing community interventions;
- Project management skills;
- Presentation and report writing skills;
- Strategic planning skills;
- Knowledge of organisational development processes;
- Networking experience;
- Excellent communication and human relations skills;
- Microsoft Office package;
- Valid driver’s licence for a minimum of three years;
- Competence in Nguni languages (especially isiXhosa and Zulu) would be an advantage;
- Available and willing to travel extensively to all provinces in South Africa.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation letter, certified certificates and contact details of three contactable referees to the Equal Opportunity Foundation, P.O. Box 46882, Glosderry, 7702, Cape Town Tel: 021 671 9055.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not receive a response within two months after the closing date of this advertisement, consider your application as being unsuccessful.
For more about the Equal Opportunity Foundation, refer to www.eof.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.