Endangered Wildlife Trust
The Endangered Wildlife Trust (EWT) is a nonprofit organisation that works to conserving threatened species and ecosystems in southern Africa to the benefit of all people.
EWT seeks to appoint a Communications Manager, based in Modderfontein, Johannesburg.
S/he will to manage all external communications on behalf of the EWT, including media liaison, public relations, the EWT brand and all EWT publications. S/he will be required to provide communications support to EWT staff with regard to writing fundraising proposals.
- Manage EWT’s in-house graphic design department;
- Media management and public relations including the development and implement of a public relations strategy and the development of and distribution of media releases and articles;
- Manage the development and production of radio and television promos, features and programmes;
- Develop and implement a brand communication strategy;
- Produce and distribute the EWT newsletter, manage front-end maintenance of website, manage and expand social media opportunities;
- Manage production of EWT publications;
- Write or edit funding proposals for trusts and foundations.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of communication, English or journalism;
- Minimum of four year’s work experience in a similar position;
- Experience in working with the media;
- Experience in writing for magazines and publications;
- Experience in writing for the online environment;
- Editing experience;
- Experience working in the NGO sector would be an advantage.
- English writing skills;
- Understanding of the media and writing for the media;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office;
- Understanding of both the traditional and digital communications environment including social media;
- Project management skills;
- Self-motivated and pro-active;
- Administrative and organisation skills;
- Ability to work as a team member and independently;
- Knowledge of a second South African language will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of conservation issues will be an advantage;
- Passion for conservation;
- Communication, presentation and public speaking skills;
- Creative thinker.
EWT is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary: A salary commensurate with skills and experience will be offered.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to the Human Resources Manager, Alison Jänicke, at firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Endangered Wildlife Trust, Private Bag X11, Modderfontein, 1645 or fax to: 086 636 5823.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not hear from EWT within 14 days of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
EWT reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about the Endangered Wildlife Trust, refer to www.ewt.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..