Eastern Cape Communication Forum (ECCF)
The Eastern Cape Communication Forum (ECCF) is a small nonprofit organisation established in 2008 to support the small independent media sector in the Eastern Cape. The organisation is strengthening the sector through different projects and training interventions. It also provides on-going advisory services to local media.
The ECCF seeks to appoint a Coordinator, based in Grahamstown.
The organisation has recently entered into a new partnership with the School of Journalism and Media Studies (JMS) at Rhodes University. The coordinator will be placed at JMS and will report to the ECCF Board.
This position is well suited for a fast learner with high energy and experience in the non-government or media sector. The successful candidate will have the ability to implement relevant projects for the non-government and media sector in the Province, the skills to communicate and report to national and international funding partners and the capacity to contribute to further organisational development.
- Develop and sustain ECCF’s relations with strategic partners in the Province;
- Develop and conceptualise new projects that benefit local media, civil society organisations and citizens;
- Ensure successful implementation of relevant projects;
- Assist in further development of the organisation, including fundraising, marketing;
- Write and submit reports to the ECCF Board and to national and international funders;
- Represent the ECCF at relevant events.
- A tertiary qualification in social sciences, journalism, communication or relevant field;
- Relevant experience (minimum two years) in working with media, civil society organisations and/or at community level;
- Passion and commitment for community development;
- Written and oral communication skills in English and isiXhosa;
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Interpersonal skills and demonstrated commitment to working in a team;
- Basic financial skills (reporting, budgeting); and
- A valid driver’s licence and own car available.
To apply, submit a CV, motivational letter and at least three contactable references to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
This position is subject to available funding.
If you do not get a response from us within four weeks of the closing date, you should consider that your application was not successful.
For more about Eastern Cape Communication Forum, refer to www.eccf.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.