Disabled People South Africa
Disabled People South Africa (DPSA) is a nonprofit and democratic cross-disability body made up of member organisations of disabled people that mobilises and advocate for their rights for attainment of equal opportunity. DPSA is recognised as the National Assembly of disabled people by Disabled People International (DPI), which has observer status in the United Nations.
DPSA seeks to appoint a Programme Manager, based in Johannesburg.
The Programme Manager plays a central role in the development and coordination of DPSA programmes. The person will work collaboratively with DPSA staff to plan, manage, and implement the eight key strategic priorities of the organisation.
The person will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Provide guidance, monitor and supervise the functioning of Provincial Managers;
- Participate in DPSA’s annual strategic planning, annual performance plans and budgeting processes at national and provincial levels;
- Monitor and evaluate national and provincial programmes and activities to ensure quality of DPSA work outcomes vis-à-vis contractual and grant commitments;
- Track relevant activities in disability and related fields to inform DPSA, its partners, and communities;
- Facilitate National and Provincial Fund Development and build capacity of provincial and offices and to manage programmes;
- Identify opportunities for marketing programmes and services and implement promotional activities on behalf of DPSA, including via DPSA’s website;
- Develop written and online tools for programmatic use including survey and evaluation instruments.
- Identify technological tools to enhance and support DPSAs’ capacity for development and programmes implementation;
- Serve as programmatic liaison to external partners, including representing DPSA at national, provincial and local meetings;
- Adhere to DPSA’s administrative and recordkeeping guidelines to support accurate bookkeeping and documentation of activities.
- Disability knowledge and experience, including excellent analytical, interpersonal, organisational, and writing skills and the exercise of extensive discretion, independent judgment, and political acumen;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of five years experience in development, management and/or community-based issues. A Master degree will be preferred;
- Strong understanding of disability development practice;
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups on complex community issues;
- Track record of grants and program management;
- Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training;
- Demonstrated professional and political aptitude.
- Preference will be given to applicants with disabilities.
Salary: Negotiable plus benefits.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 510 8046.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Chief Executive Officer’s office, Tel: 021 422 0357.
Should you not be contacted after one month, consider your application unsuccessful.
DPSA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about Disabled People South Africa, refer to www.dpsa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.