Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The DTHF seeks to appoint a part-time, 25 hours per week Data Manager, based at its Head Office in Observatory, Cape Town.
This is a one-year contract position.
- Minimum of BA in medical, scientific, biological, statistical, computer science, or related field;
- Preferred qualification: MPH;
- Minimum of three years experience in managing databases within a research environment would be beneficial;
- Minimum of three years of supervisory and staff management;
- Experience with statistical packages e.g. STATA would be beneficial;
- Knowledge of HIV & ART would be beneficial;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English preferred; Xhosa will be advantageous);
- Must be competent in MS Excel and Access; and web-based applications;
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision;
- Attention to detail;
- Own transport is essential.
- Update and maintain two large Antiretroviral/TB databases weekly;
- Provide oversight for research data collection for the META study (including the web-based system for wireless electronic adherence monitoring data, and the web- and tablet-based system for questionnaire data) -
- Regular validation of antiretroviral databases;
- Managing Data clerk team;
- Generate reports for clinical collaborators and researchers.
To apply, submit a concise CV (no certificates), contact details of three contactable referees and motivation letter to Jobs@hiv-research.org.za or fax to: 021 650 6963 (indicating the name of the position that you apply for).
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.