The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The DTHF seeks to appoint a Data Clerk, based at the DTHF Research Annex, Masiphumelele Clinic, Pokela Rd, Masiphumelele, Cape Town
The purpose of this position is to maintain the City of Cape Town and DTHF Masiphumelele antiretroviral database for reporting and research purposes. This is a full-time, one-year contract position.
- Day to day management of all source data from ART patients in antiretroviral clinic; through use of clinic folders and both Prehmis and DTHF database systems;
- Data entry: maintain a record of all ART patients from clinic entry throughout time on ART;
- Manage weekly lists for multidisciplinary team meetings and monthly lost to follow-up lists;
- Check that all data entered into City of Cape Town and DTHF Masiphumelele antiretroviral database is of high quality;
- Assist with administration of the clinic.
- Grade 12, including Mathematics;
- Minimum one to three years experience within a Research environment;
- Knowledge of HIV and ART would be beneficial;
- Computer literate with sound knowledge of email, word processing and spread sheet programmes (Excel and Access);
- Experience with use of other databases would be beneficial;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
- Fluent in English, isiXhosa will be advantageous;
- Must be detail oriented and able to work well under pressure and within a team.
To apply, submit a concise CV (no certificates) and details of three contactable referees to Jobs@hiv-research.org.za or fax to: 021 650 6963 (indicating the name of the position that you apply for).
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
For more about Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.