Community Media Trust
Community Media Trust (CMT) is a national non-governmental organisation which produces media for radio, TV and mobile platforms and implements training and social mobilisation programmes.
CMT seeks to appoint a Office Manager, based in Durban.
The successful candidate should be a committed individual with initiative and strong administrative skills to provide support the office. This position would suit somebody who lives close to town. (The cost of transfers / relocation will not be subsidised).
Job level: Junior/Mid
- Provide administrative and office management support for teams of Trainers and Community Mobilisers;
- Manage diary for project coordinator/s;
- Manage office requests for activity costs;
- Manage all logistics for awareness events in communities - including getting quotes from service providers;
- Develop and utilise an approved Service Providers Database;
- Reconciliation of all expenditure within the office, including submission of relevant and correct invoices;
- Manage petty cash;
- Manage courier to and from the office;
- Maintain the general filing system and file all correspondence for auditing purposes;
- Check emails daily and distribute messages to staff members / coordinator timeously;
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies;
- Monitor the use of supplies and equipment;
- Represent the organisation in front-of-office context and upholding a professional image and service at all times.
- Matric and a bookkeeping course;
- Three years proven administration experience in the same or similar position;
- Proven experience in reconciliation of expenditure;
- Proven ability to make travel arrangements;
- Good communication and strong organisational / logistical skills;
- Initiative and excellent problem solving skills;
- Proven IT skills, and knowledge of the relevant computer packages (MS Office/Skype);
- Interest in HIV/AIDS and training would be an advantage;
- Good people skills. Good contactable references;
- Efficient and highly organised, eager to learn;
- Honest and reliable.
Remuneration: R10 070, Benefits: Lifecover
To apply, submit a CV, one page motivational letter, copy of your highest qualification and a list of three recent referees with landline contact numbers to email@example.com with "DurbanOM" as the reference in the subject line of your emailed application.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Shortlisted candidates must be prepared to undergo competency testing and Credit/ITC checks.
Due to the high volume of applications received on a daily basis, please note that correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not received a response by Friday 11 July 2014
For more about Community Media Trust, refer to www.cmt.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.