Community Media Trust
Community Media Trust (CMT) is a national non-governmental organisation which produces media for radio, TV and mobile platforms and implements training and social mobilisation programmes.
CMT seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) System Coordinator, based in based at its Head Office in Rondebosch, Cape Town.
The M&E System Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the M&E strategy and provide oversight for CMT’s Outreach programme area. The person will form part of the Outreach team and report to the Director: Outreach.
- Provide leadership in the development, implementation, documentation and maintenance of a Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning (MERL) system in compliance with stakeholder requirements;
- Train district-based project staff to ensure that the MERL system is implemented effectively;
- Develop and work with basic programme databases;
- Upload and collate M&E data from various outreach projects for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Monitor project indicators against donor requirements and progress made towards objectives and targets;
- Provide supervision, guidance and support for CMT’s district-based staff utilising the M&E system and ensure they collect and manage programme data effectively;
- Assist with identifying setbacks in program effectiveness; specifically monitor the trends of activities versus projected plans for programme duration;
- Support the Director: Outreach and project managers to optimise implementation and performance of the project/s;
- Quality assurance;
- Conduct routine data quality assessments;
- Ad hoc duties
- Formal M&E training;
- Minimum of three years of monitoring and evaluation experience in development programmes;
- Strong computer skills – especially in Microsoft Excel;
- Experience with database management and working with statistical analysis packages;
- Good communications skills - able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner;
- Self-starter, pro-active and uses initiative - can work independently and prioritise own work load;
- Problem solving skills;
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Experience working with people in different contexts and from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Must be a team player;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and willingness to travel occasionally.
- Minimum of three years experience in managing health related data (HIV/AIDS programme data an advantage), including data verification and quality assurance;
- Background in research and/or an information management field;
- Experience in compiling donor reports;
- Experience in the application of MERL approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory);
- Experience in developing knowledge management systems will be desirable;
- Management experience will be desirable;
- Experience in working within communities through community projects/NGOs.
- Extensive knowledge of HIV prevention, treatment, care and support programmes;
- Good understanding of the South African Department of Health system, including the policies, management and health information systems and structures at national and provincial levels;
- Ability to lead and mentor staff for optimum performance;
- Skills to build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, , Outlook);
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written;
- Excellent facilitation and training skills and an understanding of training methodologies and approaches;
- Work consistently and accurately with large amounts of data.
- Time conscious, self-motivated ,deadline and results-driven;
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Ability to use your initiative towards achieving the programme goals;
- Good interpersonal skills.
Remuneration: R14 500 per month.
To apply, submit via email to: email@example.com using the reference “M&E System Coordinator” in the subject line:
- A completed CMT Employment Application Form (found at http://www.cmt.org.za/about-us/vacancies)
- Your 1(one) page Motivational Letter
- Your CV (not more than 3 pages) with 3 landline contactable references
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Candidates must be prepared to undergo competency testing and Credit/ITC checks. Due to the high volume of applications received, please note that correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. If after one week after the closing date you have not received feedback from us, kindly understand that your application has proved unsuccessful.
For more about Community Media Trust, refer to www.cmt.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.