Community Media Trust (CMT)
Community Media Trust, a not-for-profit media production company that produces educational series in the fields of health, HIV/AIDS, education, gender-based violence and other topics of human rights and social development.
Community Media seeks to appoint a Learning Coordinator, based in Rondebosch, Cape Town with travel to Mthatha (Eastern Cape) and uMgungundlovu, KwaZulu-Natal.
The position will be tasked with documenting project activities and lessons learnt which will be formulated into policy briefs and recommendations for other priority districts. The appointed person will also be responsible for setting up the project with implementation.
The focus of the project grant is to provide technical assistance towards improving maternal and child health outcomes and combating the high rates of teenage pregnancy.
The person will start on a new project in October 2013. Contract period: October 2013 to September 2014.
- Relevant undergraduate degree;
- Experience writing policy documents;
- Proven excellence in writing in English;
- Strong communication, networking, and inter-personal skills;
- Ability to plan and prioritise work, including when under pressure, ensuring deadlines are met
- Broad understanding of maternal and child health in South Africa;
- Willingness to travel to projects;
- Capacity to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluency in isiXhosa/isiZulu;
- Master’s degree in public health or similar.
Salary: R22 000 to R26 000 per month.
To apply, please download, complete and email the Employment Application Form found at http://www.cmt.org.za/about-us/vacancies, use the reference “Learning Coordinator” in the subject line of your emailed application and email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- One page covering letter
- A CV
- A copy of your highest qualification
- A list of three recent referees with landline contact numbers
Shortlisted candidates must be prepared to undergo competency testing and Credit/ITC checks.
Enquiries: JP Zeelie, Tel: 021 788 9163.
Consider your application unsuccessful if you have not received a response by 16 September 2013.
Due to the high volume of applications received on a daily basis, please note that correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. If after one week after the closing date you have not received feedback from us, kindly understand that your application has proved unsuccessful.
For more about Community Media Trust, refer to www.cmt.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.