The Community Law and Rural Development Centre NPC (CLRDC)
The Community Law and Rural Development Centre NPC (CLRDC), is a non-partisan, registered nonprofit organisation that which promotes access to social justice, human rights and development of constitutional democracy in rural areas of KwaZulu-Natal.
The CLRDC seeks to appoint a Programmes Manager, based in Durban.
Starting date: To commence immediately.
s/he will endeavor to promote the vision and mission of CLRDC, lead strategic planning efforts with the Management Team, work with the Executive Director to secure appropriate funding for programmes, and implement CLRDC's activities and programmes.
This is a one year contract position with possibility of extension dependent on the need and funding availability. S/he will report directly to the Executive Director of the CLRDC for his/her day to day activities.
- Manage organisational programmes and special projects;
- Develop training materials and lead capacity building programmes;
- Ensure effective implemenation ad evaluation of CLRDC activities and programmes;
- Supervise, mentor and monitor work of the Paralegals and junior staff;
- Provide support to the network advice offices and Management Committees;
- Administer and manage projects' financial accounts;
- Develop funding proposals and write programmes reports;
- Maintain cordial relationship with Partner organisations, funding partners and represent the organisation inthe external fora;
- Perform other duties that may be allocated from time to time;
- Degree in Law or equivalent qualification;
- Understand the nonprofit sector will be an advantage;
- Experience in planning, management, strategic thinking and facilitation;
- Appropriate programme planning, monitoring and evaluation experience;
- Commitment to social justice;
- Proposal development and report writing;
- Training and materials development experience;
- Basic financial literacy and budget management;
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Self-motivated, cope well under pressure and willingness to travel and work extended hours;
- Fluency in English and IsiZulu is essential;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Owning a vehicle is essential;
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to CV, including three traceable references, to Sandile Sithole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Sithole, Tel: +27 31 310 3579 or +27 83 450 2810 during office hours.
For more about the Community Law and Rural Development Centre, refer to http://clrdc.org.za/.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.