Global economic growth is critical to future stability, and private enterprise is one of the most potent engines of development. CNFA's mission is to stimulate economic growth and improve rural livelihoods in the developing world by empowering the private sector. Watch our Brand Video to better understand who we are, our core capabilities, and our mission.
CNFA seeks to appoint an Agriculture Specialist for its Farmer-to-Farmer Programme in Angola. Only applicants who are citizens of Angola will be considered.
The agriculture specialist will provide technical and administrative support for the F2F program. She/he will be responsible for contributing to the success of a program that provides technical assistance to smallholder farmers, agribusinesses, and others. Assistance is provided by a small team of local staff combined with a series of short term volunteer consultants with expertise in selected areas (horticulture, marketing, farmer organization, agricultural finance).
- Provides direct technical assistance to farmer groups, particularly on the production, processing and marketing of fruits and vegetables;
- Facilitates technical assistance by outside volunteer consultants;
- Assists with the preparation of an assessment of high value opportunities in horticulture for Zaire province;
- Assists the F2F country director with office administration, financial management, and relationship building with donors and relevant stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, business, social science or other relevant degree required; Master’s degree preferred;
- Five years of agricultural experience required in private sector, government, and/or NGO sector;
- Profound understanding agricultural production, processing, and marketing issues in northern Angola, particularly fruits and vegetables;
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written (shortlisted candidates will be tested on these skills);
- Fluency in Portuguese;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Demonstrated competence in handling administrative and financial responsibilities;
- Angolan citizenship is required.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation letter and salary history for the last three years to Mr. Jacobson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
No phone calls will be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
For more about CNFA, refer to www.cnfa.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.