Global economic growth is critical to future stability, and private enterprise is one of the most potent engines of development. CNFA's mission is to stimulate economic growth and improve rural livelihoods in the developing world by empowering the private sector. Watch our Brand Video to better understand who we are, our core capabilities, and our mission.
CNFA seeks to appoint an Acting Country Director for its Farmer-to-Farmer Programme in Malawi. Only applicants who are citizens of Malawi will be considered.
The incumbent will provide leadership for the Malawi office and will be based in Lilongwe. S/he will be responsible for managing a program that provides technical assistance to smallholder farmers, agricultural SMEs and others. Assistance is provided by a small team of local staff combined with a series of short term volunteer consultants with expertise in selected areas (legumes, horticulture, dairy, farmer organization, agricultural finance, etc).
- Oversees the CNFA Farmer-to-Farmer Program in Malawi, with a focus on program strategy, technical assistance, office administration, and financial management;
- Provides technical support for the development, implementation and monitoring of the program activities;
- Represents CNFA and builds relationships with donors and relevant stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, business, social science or other relevant degree required; Master’s degree will be preferred;
- Proven leadership in managing work teams and executing complex projects: five years of experience required; six to eight years preferred;
- A profound understanding of production processing and marketing issues in Malawi is preferred especially with respect to legumes, horticulture and dairy;
- Demonstrated competence in managing administrative responsibilities;
- Excellent communications skills; ability to present program information to various audiences; ability to coordinate with other implementers, donors and government officials;
- Basic understanding of project accounting a benefit;
- Malawian citizenship required.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation letter and salary history for the last three years to Mr. Jacobson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
No phone calls will be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
For more about CNFA, refer to www.cnfa.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.