The Chrysalis Academy is a nonprofit organisation that works to unleash the potential of youth through mental, physical, emotional and spiritual empowerment, enabling them to become positive role models and productive citizens of the Republic of South Africa.
The Chrysalis Academy seeks to appoint a Head – Training and Development, based in Tokai, Cape Town.
The person will manage the training and development function and programme for students and training staff at the Chrysalis Academy.
Contract position until 31st March 2017 (renewable).
- Develop a comprehensive curriculum of learning and development for each three month programme which is responsive to the needs of each intake of students;
- Manage the overall implementation of each three month learning and development programme;
- Mentoring and coaching of students and training staff;
- Management of primary health care, psychosocial support and therapeutic care of students and training staff;
- Liaise with higher and other institutions of learning in pursuance of establishing meaningful partnerships and collaborations and to conclude memoranda of understandings where required.
- Minimum of three year degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum of five years relevant training and development experience;
- Knowledge of curriculum and learning programme design;
- Knowledge of training and development practices, methodologies and processes;
- Knowledge of strategy and policy development;
- Valid code B driver’s licence is compulsory;
- Well-developed senior management and leadership skills;
- Strategic management skills;
- Research and designing of training material;
- Financial management skills;
- Human resource management;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Problem analysis and solving skills;
- Presentation and facilitation skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office);
- Supervisory skills;
- Attention to detail.
All inclusive salary package: R450 000 – R500 000 per annum (negotiable).
To apply, submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver it to our offices at Porter Estate, Tokai Road, Tokai.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Chrysalis Academy, refer to http://chrysalisacademy.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.