Childhood Cancer (CHOC) Foundation South Africa
The Childhood Cancer (CHOC) Foundation South Africa is a nonprofit organisation that provides support for children suffering from cancer and life-threatening blood disorders as well as their families.
CHOC Johannesburg Division seeks to appoint from the beginning of February 2013 a person to fulfil the role of Driver/Handyman/Gardener at the CHOC House in Diepkloof, Soweto, Johannesburg.
- Transport the children and parents/care-givers to and from the Treatment Centres and as required;
- Assist with transporting children and parents/care-givers to and from events as required;
- Collect donations as required;
- Collect and deliver items required for the garden and for the maintenance of the premises;
- Take rubbish to the municipal dump;
- Ensure that CHOC vehicle is in a good running order;
- Clean the vehicle weekly;
- Be responsible for the maintenance of and repairs to the CHOC House Diepkloof and the Paediatric Oncology Unit at Chris Hani Baragwanath hospital as required;
- Undertake monthly maintenance checks on all the premises CHOC is responsible for;
- Attend to any required painting work;
- Attend and maintain the garden at CHOC House Diepkloof;
- Assist the House Manager at CHOC House Diepkloof as required.
- Record of having undertaken driving duties over a five year period which included transporting people;
- Ability to work with people from all walks of life and be compassionate;
- Be highly motivated with a willingness to take initiative and responsibility;
- Unendorsed Code 08 driver’s licence;
- Willingness to work weekends and after hours as required;
- Understanding of the need to maintain a vehicle in a roadworthy condition;
- Ability to undertake basic property maintenance;
- Ability to communicate in two or more African languages will be a distinct advantage;
- Experience as a Gardener.
Salary: R66 000 per annum cost to company. CHOC does not provide contributions to a medical aid scheme, a retirement, pension or provident fund or a 13th month cheque. Cost of living adjustments are made in July of each year.
To apply submit a CV (maximum 4 pages) and contact details of at least two recent referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who have not had a response by 30 January 2013 can regard their application as unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa, refer to www.choc.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.