Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa
The Childhood Cancer (CHOC) Foundation South Africa is a nonprofit organisation that provides support for children suffering from cancer and life-threatening blood disorders as well as their families.
CHOC seeks to appoint a Divisional Assistant, based in its East London office, Eastern Cape.
The person will support the Divisional Manager in taking CHOC’s work forward.
The person is expected to be a non-smoker.
- Provide office administrative support including financial work, the management of supplies and equipment, stock control and inventories;
- Assist with fundraising and awareness events including assistance with identifying potential small-scale donors and donor management;
- Assist with coordinate and hold children’s events;
- Input information onto the CRM database;
- Attend meetings as required by the Divisional Manager;
- Assist at the treatment centres as required by the Divisional Manager.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in office administration;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Minimum of five years financial experience at cashbook level;
- Minimum of five years experience in fundraising, donor management and event management;
- Database experience;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work cross-organisationally and innovatively;
- Unendorsed Code 08 driving licence;
- Willingness to work outside of normal office hours when required;
- Proven ability to deal with confidential matters;
- Ability to function effectively and quickly without constant supervision.
Salary: R90 000 per annum cost to company. CHOC does not provide contributions to a medical aid scheme, a retirement, pension or provident fund or a 13th month cheque. Cost of living adjustments are made in July of each year.
To apply submit a CV (maximum of four pages) and contact details of at least two recent referees to reach to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Candidates who have not received a response by 21 December 2012 can regard their application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa, refer to www.choc.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.