CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation SA
The Childhood Cancer (CHOC) Foundation South Africa is a nonprofit organisation that provides support for children suffering from cancer and life-threatening blood disorders as well as their families.
CHOC seeks to appoint a Divisional Assistant, based in Pretoria.
The person will support the Divisional Manager in taking CHOC’s work forward.
- Provide office administrative support including financial work, the management of supplies and equipment, stock control and inventories;
- Assist with fundraising and awareness events including assistance with identifying potential small-scale donors and donor management;
- Assist with coordinate and hold children’s events;
- Input information onto the CRM database;
- Attend meetings as required by the Divisional Manager;
- Assist at the treatment centres as required by the Divisional Manager.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in office administration;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Minimum of five years financial experience at cashbook level;
- Minimum of five years experience in fundraising, donor management and event management;
- Database experience;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work cross-organisationally and innovatively;
- Unendorsed Code 08 driving license and own transport for CHOC business;
- Willingness to work outside of normal office hours when required;
- Ability to deal with confidential matters;
- Function effectively and quickly without constant supervision;
- Team player;
CHOC does not provide contributions to a medical aid scheme, a retirement, pension or provident fund or a 13th month cheque. Cost of living adjustments are made in July of each year. It does offer the opportunity to play a key role in making a difference to children with cancer or life threatening blood disorders and their families/caregivers.
To apply submit a CV (maximum of four pages) and contact details of at least two recent referees to reach to Veronicadj@choc.org.za.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Applicants who have not heard by 14 June 2013 can assume that their application was not successful.
For more about the Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa, refer to www.choc.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.