Childline South Africa
Childline South Africa seeks to appoint a Senior Social Worker, based in Durban.
The Senior Social Worker will provide therapeutic services to abused children, families and care givers, as well as to children with abusive or inappropriate sexual behaviour.
- Provide therapeutic services to abused children, families and care givers, as well as to children with abusive or inappropriate sexual behaviour;
- Assessment of the therapeutic needs of the children and their parents/caregivers referred to Childline SA;
- Plan residential treatment programmes according to the identified needs of the identified children and families;
- Provision of psycho-social care and therapy to these children and caregivers;
- Pre and post test HIV and AIDS counselling;
- Referrals to other services needed by the child;
- Evaluate the outcomes of interventions and programmes;
- Follow up the child and family to track progress;
- Write high quality professional reports as required;
- Enthusiasm for work in this field;
- Ability to communicate with children and adults;
- Belief in the capacity of children and adults to heal and develop;
- Knowledge of and skills in applying therapeutic programmes that are appropriate for work with children who have experienced abuse and with children whose behaviour is abusive/sexually inappropriate;
- Working knowledge of HIV and AIDS and pre and post test counselling;
- Ability to write reports in English;
- Knowledge of law and policy as it applies to children, child protection and family life;
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with different sectors and disciplines;
- Qualified as a social worker and registered with the SACSSP;
- Five years experience in child protection;
- Minimum of two years as a Senior Social Worker;
- Computer skills particularly in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, email, internet and electronic communication;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Ability to communicate and write in a Southern African Language is essential and non-negotiable.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Childline South Africa, refer to www.childlinesa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.