Childline South Africa
Childline South Africa is a nonprofit organisation that works collectively to protect children from all forms of violence and to create a culture of children's rights in South Africa.
Childline South Africa seeks to appoint a Financial Accounting Assistant, based in Durban.
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to support the Manager of Finance with specific responsibility for accounts payable, payments, general ledger account reconciliations and the processing of all accounting entries.
- Payments - prepare payment requisitions and supporting vouchers;
- Purchase orders - Reconcile with all tax invoices;
- Electronic banking - EFT submissions and processing (Nedbank);
- Pastel accounting system - Process entries and reconcile general ledger accounts;
- Projects - comply with all funders statutory requirements;
- Bank reconciliations - Funders Bank accounts;
- Accounts payable - maintain, control and reconcile, ensure payments processed;
- Travel and accommodation - maintain, control account and reconcile daily;
- Vat - knowledge of and ensuring Tax invoice compliance;
- Travel and expense advances - maintain and reconcile;
- Petty cash - maintain and administer office and provinces floats and reconciliations;
- Donations register - maintain, Identify donations, tax receipts and thank you letters;
- Filing system - maintain filing system; utilise coherent and neat filing system;
- Sundry - support of and work with Head of Finance in all aspects of finance and ad hoc assignments.
- Diploma and experience in accounting / bookkeeping;
- Minimum of three years in an accounts department, performing account reconciliations;
- Computer skills and knowledge of accounting packages. Pastel will be an advantage;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is essential;
- Flexibility to work in a team and independently;
- Strong inter-personal communicative skills, self-guided, strong analytical, organiSational and planning skills;
- Excellent people and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team and across disciplines;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills essential.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about the Childline South Africa, refer to www.childlinesa.org.za/.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.