Childline South Africa
Childline South Africa is a nonprofit organisation that works collectively to protect children from all forms of violence and to create a culture of children's rights in South Africa.
Childline South Africa seeks to appoint a Case Tracking and Referral Monitor, based in Durban.
Many children who attend Childline therapy services are not referred to those child protection systems which have the responsibility to provide services for the care and protection of the child, or if referral has occurred, in many instances a service does not follow. These services include those provided by: - The SAPS (including the FCS Units) - The Justice System - Social Development - Other Child Protection Organisations. The purpose of this position is therefore to ensure that the appropriate referrals are made; Service provision follows the referral; Outcomes of service provision are tracked and evaluated. Many children who attend Childline therapy services are not referred to those child protection systems which have the responsibility to provide services for the care and protection of the child, or if referral has occurred, in many instances a service does not follow. These services include those provided by:
- The SAPS (including the FCS Units)
- The Justice System
- Social Development
- Other Child Protection Organisations.
- The purpose of this position is therefore to ensure that
- The appropriate referrals are made;
- Service provision follows the referral;
- Outcomes of service provision are tracked and evaluated.
The succesful candidate will report to the Project Manager, Global Fund / Nacosa Project.
- Identify all children who are referred to services both inside and outside the Childline Network;
- Ensure that the referral is received by the service provider;
- Request monthly feedback on the service to the child/caregiver/family;
- Track the overall progress of the child;
- Track the Criminal Justice Process;
- Identify blockages in the CJS/other services with regard to the management of the service to the child;
- Negotiate service delivery where this has failed/fallen away;
- Keep a record of the progress of each child;
- Write consolidated reports on the progress of the child and the response of all service providers;
- Record the outcome of all service provider interventions including any criminal or Children’s Court matters.
- Set up, coordinate and keep a record of any case conferences that are necessary to ensure the service to the child.
- Write three monthly reports for the Project Manager and assist with planning advocacy for improved implementation of child protection services.
- Knowledge of child development, child abuse and neglect, and its impact on children and families;
- Knowledge of possible traumogenic responses of children and caregivers of abused/neglected children;
- Knowledge of and experience in the Child Protection System;
- Ability to interact across systems and disciplines that engage with issues affecting children;
- Skills of assertion and advocacy to ensure that the referral of the child is responded to;
- Minimum of one African Language, preferably isiZulu or Xhosa;
- An ability to engage with children and caregivers;
- Methodical approach to service delivery and the capturing of relevant information and data;
- Computer literacy, in the use of Microsoft Word packages including EXCEL;
- Ability to right clear succinct reports in English;
- Valid driver’s licence and a safe driving record (Childline reserves the right to obtain a professional opinion on driving ability);
- Qualification in Social Work, or Social Auxiliary Work with experience in child protection or equivalent.
Salary: to be negotiated
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Childline South Africa, refer to www.childlinesa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse