Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR)
The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR) is an independent, non-governmental Pan-African organisation, based in Cape Town, South Africa. Over the last 45 years it has worked continentally to promote constructive, creative and co-operative approaches to the resolution of conflict and the reduction of violence. It has produced numerous reports, books and research papers as well as conducted extensive capacity building, facilitated and mediated processes across the continent.
CCR’s Policy Development and Research (PDR) project seeks to strengthen the capacity of key African institutions and actors working on peacebuilding issues. Towards this end, it provides intergovernmental organisations, continental and regional bodies, national governments, and civil society groups – both within and outside Africa – with policy-relevant, academically rigorous research that can help to achieve improved policies, governance, and peace on the continent.
The CCR seeks to appoint a Senior Researcher in the Policy Development and Research (PDR) cluster, based in Cape Town.
- Contribute to the vision and leadership of the Policy Development and Research (PDR) cluster;
- Develop and implement relevant research projects;
- Build an effective and motivated research team;
- Build and maintain the profile of the PDR cluster internally and externally;
- Manage the administrative requirements of the PDR cluster; and
- Assist in the management of the PDR cluster’s finances.
- PhD degree in a related field;
- Minimum of five years work experience in the field of Social Sciences including at least two years in research;
- Excellent writing, editing, research, and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Good written and presentation skills in English;
- Sound knowledge of African politics and governance, peace and security, region building and regional integration, and international political economy;
- Management and administration skills;
- Ability to network;
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to travel; and
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of South African foreign policy;
- National and international research networks;
- Experience in the presentation of academic papers; and
- Proof of publishing ability.
This position involves national and international travel.
To apply, submit a comprehensive CV, an unpublished writing sample of about 10 pages, and a letter of application, motivating why you believe you are suitable for the post, to Mr. Fritz Brand and Ms.Raygana Davids in the Human Resources Cluster at CCR at firstname.lastname@example.org. Head your application “Vacancy” – followed by the position you are applying for – followed by your name.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Centre for Conflict Resolution, refer to www.ccr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.