Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR)
The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR) is an independent, non-governmental Pan-African organisation, based in Cape Town, South Africa. Over the last 45 years it has worked continentally to promote constructive, creative and co-operative approaches to the resolution of conflict and the reduction of violence. It has produced numerous reports, books and research papers as well as conducted extensive capacity building, facilitated and mediated processes across the continent.
The CCR seeks to appoint a Senior Researcher, based in Cape Town.
This is a three-year, fixed term contract position.
- Contribute to the vision and leadership of the Policy Development and Research (PDR) cluster;
- Develop and implement relevant research projects;
- Assist in the management of the PDR cluster’s finances;
- Build an effective and motivated research team;
- Build and maintain the profile of the PDR cluster internally and externally; and
- Manage the administrative requirements of the PDR cluster.
- Master’s or PhD degree in a related field;
- Minimum of five years work experience in the field of Social Sciences including at least two years in research;
- Excellent writing, editing, research, and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Written and presentation skills in English;
- Sound knowledge of Peace and Security Studies, International Relations, Region building, and African Politics and Governance;
- Ability to network;
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to travel;
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as part of a team; and
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and internet search engines.
- National and international research networks;
- Experience in the presentation of academic papers;
- Proof of publishing ability; and
- Competence in French
To view the full job description, refer to: http://www.ccr.org.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=462&I...
CCR has vast experience working with national, regional, and UN and EU-related institutions and provides some unique qualities that enable it to combine training, mediation, policy research and development within networks with influential leaders and researchers while conducting extensive mediation work at the grassroots level.
This position requires national, continental and international travel.
To apply, submit a CV, a writing sample and motivation letter telling why you believe you are suitable to Fritz Brand and Raygana Davids at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Applicants are requested to head their application as follow: “Vacancy – followed by the position you are applying for – followed by your name”.
For more about the Centre for Conflict Resolution, refer to www.ccr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.