Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR)
The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR) is an independent, non-governmental Pan-African organisation, based in Cape Town, South Africa. Over the last 45 years it has worked continentally to promote constructive, creative and co-operative approaches to the resolution of conflict and the reduction of violence. It has produced numerous reports, books and research papers as well as conducted extensive capacity building, facilitated and mediated processes across the continent.
The Conflict Intervention and Peacebuilding Support (CIPS) Cluster of CCR conducts training in gender, human rights, and HIV/AIDS and security, and provides conflict resolution support and training in African countries such as South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Burundi and South Sudan.
The CCR seeks to appoint a Senior Manager – Conflict Intervention and Peacebuilding Support (CIPS), based in Cape Town.
- Contribute to CCR’s vision and leadership and to provide strategic leadership to the CIPS Cluster;
- Act as a CCR ambassador and to lead the project teams in building and maintaining the profile of the CIPS cluster internally and externally;
- Manage and build an effective and motivated cluster team;
- Facilitate the effective administration and financial management of the CIPS Cluster;
- Write and edit training manuals, proposals, and progress reports;
- Facilitate conflict resolution and mediation training interventions; and
- Lead and guide income-generating strategies.
- Master’s degree in a related field;
- Minimum of five years relevant experience at senior management level;
- Experience of conflict resolution facilitation and training with strong expertise in human rights, gender, and/or HIV/AIDS and security;
- Experience of gender training and facilitation;
- Experience in conducting training programmes in Africa;
- Comprehensive experience and knowledge of African politics and/or conflict resolution in Africa;
- Financial, human resource and project management experience;
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral skills; and
- Well-connected to international and national conflict resolution networks.
- Ability to speak and write in French.
To view the full job description, refer to: http://www.ccr.org.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=462&I...
CCR has vast experience working with national, regional, and UN and EU-related institutions and provides some unique qualities that enable it to combine training, mediation, policy research and development within networks with influential leaders and researchers while conducting extensive mediation work at the grassroots level.
This position requires national, continental and international travel.
To apply, submit a CV, a writing sample and motivation letter telling why you believe you are suitable to Fritz Brand and Raygana Davids at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Applicants are requested to head their application as follow: “Vacancy – followed by the position you are applying for – followed by your name”.
For more about the Centre for Conflict Resolution, refer to www.ccr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.