Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR)
The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR) is an independent, non-governmental Pan-African organisation, based in Cape Town, South Africa. Over the last 45 years it has worked continentally to promote constructive, creative and co-operative approaches to the resolution of conflict and the reduction of violence. It has produced numerous reports, books and research papers as well as conducted extensive capacity building, facilitated and mediated processes across the continent.
CCR seeks to appoint a Research Assistant, based in Cape Town.
This is a full-time permanent contract position.
- Organise project meetings, seminars, public dialogues and workshops;
- Provide administrative support for research projects;
- Assist Senior Researchers and Researchers with their research and other projects;
- Assist in conducting CCR research.
- Masters degree in a related field;
- Minimum of two years work experience in the field of social sciences;
- Experience in office administration and in organising and conducting seminars and conferences;
- Writing, research, and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail;
- English communication skills (verbal);
- Computer literacy in MS Office and internet search engines;
- Knowledge of social sciences research, peace studies, international relations, political studies and conflict resolution;
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to travel; and
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of, and experience, in the field of peacebuilding and region-building.
To apply, submit a CV, a writing sample and motivation letter telling why you believe you are suitable to Fritz Brand and Raygana Davids at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Please note that CCR retains the right to make a fixed-term appointment or not to make an appointment.
Applicants are requested to head their application as follow: 'Vacancy – followed by the position you are applying for – followed by the applicants name'.
CCR has vast experience working with national, regional, and UN and EU-related institutions and provides some unique qualities that enable it to combine training, mediation, policy research and development within networks with influential leaders and researchers while conducting extensive mediation work at the grassroots level.
For more about the Centre for Conflict Resolution, refer to www.ccr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.