CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world.
CBM seeks to appoint a Finance and Accounting Officer, based in Bellville, Cape Town.
The Officer will strengthen the CBM Regional Office in the administration and monitoring of CBM supported projects and to support the CBM Regional Office in the administration of designated funded projects (EU, BMZ and USAID etc).
This is a two years contract position (renewable)
- Monitor progress of CBM project implementation according to planned activities;
- Monitor program activities of projects according to the requirements of international donors (USAID,EU,BMZ);
- Maintain communication with project partners;
- Provide training on financial administration to CBM’s partners / projects when required;
- Interpret financial reports of projects and do follow-up
- Interpret annual audit reports of projects and provide feedback
- Monitor financial administration of projects according to the requirements of international donors (USAID,EU,BMZ)
- Support CBM Country offices finance staff
- Support Partners in finance administration and accounting where support is required.
- Provide support on CBM Audits on partners
- Bookkeeping of the Regional Office set of accounts on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the Regional Office Audit;
- Willingness to travel in the Southern African Region when required;
- Any other duties requested by the Finance and Accounting Officer
- Diploma / certificate in Business Administration / Accounting or similar;
- Full competency of the MS Office package;
- Knowledge of accounting software (i.e. Pastel, Sage, etc);
- Minimum two years finance and accounting experience;
- Experience in managing grants/sub recipients via partners a must;
- Minimum two years Designated Funding experience (USAID, EU, BMZ) will be a recommendation;
- Ability to work under pressure and able to respect tight deadlines;
- Completely fluent in English;
- Flexibility coupled with resilience.
It is expected that the future job holders will adhere to CBM beliefs as well as its corporate values, and will commit to CBM’s Child Protection Policy.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter with references and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
For more about CBM, refer to www.cbm.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.