Catholic Welfare and Development
Catholic Welfare and Development (CWD) is a leading and dynamic social development organisation working with vulnerable and marginalised communities in order to improve their chances to develop and sustain self-reliance. With programmes encompassing skills development, ECD capacity building, trauma and healing, feeding schemes, counselling and crisis relief and a solid network of community centres as well as partners, CWD is well placed to serve beneficiaries.
CWD seeks to appoint a Director, based in Cape Town.
The Director will work with the CWD staff, its management board and funding partners according to a long term strategic plan, while ensuring that staff members are motivated and monitored and that CWD is financially stable and accountable.
- Overall leadership and management of CWD (including leading the development of CWD’s vision, mission and culture);
- Programme management;
- Human resource management, staff leadership, mentoring and coordination;
- Financial management, budgeting and accountability;
- Fundraising, sustainability and networking with strategic partners;
- Strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, partnerships and networking;
- Capacity building.
- A relevant qualification with a minimum of eight years general management level experience preferably within the development / NPO sector;
- Proven networking skills;
- Proven programme development, programme implementation and monitoring and evaluation capabilities;
- Proven competence in funder relationship management - both locally and internationally;
- Sound knowledge of the social teachings of the Catholic Church and the ability to integrate these into the organisational culture;
- High levels of empathy, emotional intelligence and the ability to inspire others;
- Strong analytical skills and experience in developing and interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal;
- Advanced knowledge of financial systems (e.g. Pastel) as well as MS Office.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Further correspondence will only be entered into with those applicants under consideration for the role.
Should you not hear back from us within 10 working days of the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Catholic Welfare and Development, refer to www.cwd.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.