Cape IT Initiative
The Cape IT Initiative (CITi) is a nonprofit organisation established in 1998 to address systemic challenges undermining the growth and sustainability of the technology sector (ie IT, ICT, ICTe, Tech&Design and software) in the Western Cape.
The Cape IT Initiative seeks to appoint a Project Administrator, based in Cape Town.
The person will provide a comprehensive administrative support function to the team responsible for coordinating IT skills training programmes – situated in Woodstock Cape Town.
The ideal candidate will comply with the specifications below. Should you be of the opinion that you comply with a significant number of the ideal criteria.
- Provide administrative support, including typing, minute taking, filing, data input, maintenance and management of information pertaining to the project;
- Collect, manage and maintain all programme related data including both digital and hardcopy files and communication;
- Update and maintain documentation related to programme processes, standard operating procedures and document templates;
- Prepare and assist in the collection of data for monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required;
- Make appointments, liaise with suppliers;
- Act as the main user for all systems used for communication, data collection and data storage, including Salesforce, Mailchimp, Google Apps and any other system as required;
- Maintain and manage HR related information of staff (leave requests, contracts etc);
- Manage and maintain the programme calendar.
- National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Project Management, Humanities, IT or similar field;
- Training in ERP/CRM and/or database software beneficial;
- Three years experience working in a project environment;
- Experience using Salesforce.com or other CRM systems;
- Proficiency in the following is beneficial: Salesforce, MailChimp, Microsoft Office, Eventbrite, Google Apps;
- Experience working within a team environment;
- Previous experience writing reports and compiling documentation
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in-writing with different stakeholders at various levels;
- Proven ability to organise and maintain hardcopy as well as digital filing systems;
- Ability to collect metrics and analyse data;
- Excellent English communication skills essential (written and verbal);
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels;
- Advanced technical aptitude and interest in expanding technical knowledge of systems and programmes (i.e the ability to use and train others how to use different software systems);
- Impeccable attention to detail and advanced organisation skills;
- Pro-active and resourceful individual who is an excellent problem-solver;
- Positive team spirit with an unbridled determination to succeed
- Results oriented and customer-focused;
- Excellent technical ability;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate issues;
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments;
- Strong process orientation.
To apply, submit a CV to email@example.com with the job title in the subject matter.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Cape IT Initiative, refer to www.citi.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.