CANSA - the Cancer Association of South Africa
CANSA - the Cancer Association of South Africa is a nonprofit organisation set up to fight cancer and offer support to cancer sufferers.
CANSA seeks to appoint a Relay For Life Coordinator, based in Onrus/Hermanus - Overberg Region, Western Cape.
The person will manage Relay for Life (RFL) programmes at regional level, this will include community developing and mobilising, planning and technical training, support and guidance to RFL volunteers, and the execution and round-off of RFL income generation. S/he will support the region with other fundraising projects.
- Penetrate communities to ensure active involvement in Relay For Life;
- Identify areas of focus to enhance Relay For Life success and recommends solutions;
- Develop new Relay For Life events in identified communities;
- Recruit Relay For Life volunteers on regional level;
- Maintain a comprehensive Relay For Life volunteer training programme;
- Management and nurturing of Relay For Life volunteers;
- Monitoring all Relay For Life events to ensure adherence to all terms conditions as stipulated by the ACS RFL standards;
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive communication and cultivation plan for RFL donors, participants and volunteers;
- Provide timely feedback to management regarding performance and corrective actions to meet Relay For Life financial targets;
- Ensures adherence to RFL policy, procedures and standards.
- Tertiary qualification and/or proven experience in income generation on community level;
- Valid driver’s licence a pre-requisite;
- Volunteer management skills;
- Income development skills;
- Relationship management skills;;
- Project management and basic financial management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Willingness to travel;
- Own transport and strictly non-smoker.
Salary: Negotiable within CANSA’s grading scales.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees, proof of higher education and copies of certified identity document and driver’s to the Regional Manager – Boland Overberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 611 7308.
Enquiries: Felicity Philander, Tel: 076 074 3064.
CANSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should you not receive a response from in 30 days, consider that your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Cancer Association of South Africa, refer to www.cansa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.