Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA)
The Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA) is a nonprofit organisation set up to fight cancer and offer support to cancer sufferers.
CANSA seeks to appoint a Community Mobiliser, based in George, Southern Cape with travelling in the region.
- Mobilise and develop communities and volunteers to deliver the objectives of CANSA’s health programmes;
- Participate in income generation (fundraising) activities to ensure sustainability;
- Participate in community and volunteer education and training.
- Registration as Nurse at with the SANC (proof of registration and paid-up fees a pre- requisite);
- Experience in community development will be an advantage and it is preferred;
- Microsoft knowledge is essential, including Excel.
- Own vehicle is essential;
- Certified driver’s licence is a definite a pre-requisite. PDP advantageous;
- Strictly non-smoker;
- Screening projects;
- Project management experience
- Management/nurturing of community Volunteers;
- Public speaking/educational health presentations;
- Excellent communication and written skills;
- Ability to deliver results at all times that meet CANSA’s benchmark standards;
- Good Interpersonal skills and compassion;
- Able to comply to all deadlines;
- NGO background will take preference.
Salary: Negotiable within CANSA’s grading scales.
Starting date: 1 July 2013 or sooner pending availability.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with a certified copy of ID, proof of highest/latest diploma/degree to the Ronel Rademeyer at email@example.com or fax to: 086 542 4125
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not receive a response from us within 30 days, consider your application was unsuccessful.
CANSA is an equal opportunity employer.
For more about CANSA, refer to www.cansa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.