The Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA) is a nonprofit organisation set up to fight cancer and offer support to cancer sufferers.
CANSA seeks to appoint a Community Mobiliser/Nursing Sister, based in Springbok, Northern Cape with travelling within the Namakwa areas. .
- Mobilise and develop communities to deliver the CANSA’s health programmes;
- Be active in initiating income generation (fundraising) activities and services to ensure sustainability.
- Tertiary qualification in primary health care (proof of registration and paid-up fees a pre-requisite);
- Experience in community-based Primary Health Care is a pre-requisite, community development, palliative/oncology nursing and Lymphoedema management will be an advantage;
- Microsoft knowledge is essential;
- Certified driver’s license and own transport is a definite pre-requisite;
- Must be willing to drive long distances with own transport (CANSA offers a Travel Allowance);
- Experience in community health;
- Project management experience;
- Management/nurturing of community Volunteers;
- Public speaking /educational health presentations;
- Excellent communication and written skills;
- Counselling/humanitarian skills;
- Ability to deliver results at all times that meet CANSA’s benchmark standards;
- Strong fundraising initiatives that are mainly ‘community based;
- Knowledge of volunteer management;
- Strictly non-smoker.
Salary: Negotiable within CANSA’s grading scales.
Starting date: 1 July 2013 or sooner pending availability.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with a certified copy of ID, proof of highest/latest diploma/degree to the General Manager, Dorothy Du Plooy at email@example.com or fax to: 086 512 8526.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not receive a response from us within 30 days, consider your application was unsuccessful.
CANSA is an equal opportunity employer.
For more about CANSA, refer to www.cansa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.