The Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA) is a nonprofit organisation set up to fight cancer and offer support to cancer sufferers.
CANSA seeks to appoint a Community Mobiliser in Malmesbury, Western Cape, but inclusive of travelling within the West Coast areas.
- Mobilise and develop communities to deliver the CANSA’s health programmes;
- Active in initiating income generation (fundraising) activities to ensure sustainability.
- Tertiary qualification in primary health care (proof of registration and paid-up fees a pre-requisite);
- Experience in community-based primary health care and Community development would be an advantage;
- Project management experience;
- Management/nurturing of community volunteers;
- Public speaking/educational health presentations;
- Excellent communication and written skills;
- Counselling/humanitarian skills;
- Ability to deliver results at all times that meet CANSA’s benchmark standards;
- Strong fundraising initiatives that are mainly ‘community based;
- NGO background will take preference.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential;
- Certified driver’s licence is a definite a pre-requisite;
- Willingness to drive long distances with own transport (CANSA offers a Travel Allowance);
- Strictly non-smoker.
Salary: Negotiable within CANSA’s grading scales
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with a certified copy of ID, proof of highest/latest diploma/degree to the Regional Manager: West Coast, Lisna Hugo, at email@example.com or Fax2email: 086 615 9509.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
CANSA is an equal opportunity employer.
For more about CANSA, refer to www.cansa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.