Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA)
The Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA) is a nonprofit organisation set up to fight cancer and offer support to cancer sufferers.
CANSA seeks to appoint a Community Mobiliser, based in West Coast Region - Calvinia, with travelling in the region.
- Mobilise and develop communities to deliver the CANSA’s health programmes
- Be active in initiating income generation (fundraising) activities to ensure sustainability.
- Tertiary qualification in social services or Professional Nurse (proof of registration and paid-up fees a pre- requisite) or teaching. Previous experience in community development would be an advantage;
- Microsoft knowledge is essential;
- Certified driver’s license is a definite a pre-requisite;
- Strictly non-smoker.
- Project management experience;
- Management/nurturing of community Volunteers;
- Public speaking/educational health presentations;
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Counselling/humanitarian skills;
- Ability to deliver results at all times that meet CANSA’s benchmark standards;
- Strong fundraising initiatives that are mainly ‘community based NGO background will take preference.
NGO background will take preference.
Salary: Negotiable within CANSA’s grading scales.
Starting date: 1 July 2013 or sooner pending availability.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with a certified copy of ID, proof of highest/latest diploma/degree to the Regional Manager – Southern Cape Region at email@example.com or fax to: 086 542 4125.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not receive a response from us within 30 days, consider your application was unsuccessful.
CANSA is an equal opportunity employer.
For more about CANSA, refer to www.cansa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.