CANSA - the Cancer Association of South Africa
CANSA - the Cancer Association of South Africa is a nonprofit organisation set up to fight cancer and offer support to cancer sufferers.
CANSA seeks to appoint a Community Mobiliser, based in Mowbray in Cape Metro Region.
- Mobilise and develop communities to deliver the CANSA’s health programmes;
- Active in initiating income generation (fundraising) activities to ensure sustainability.
- Degree in social work (proof of registration and paid-up fees a pre- requisite);
- Experience in community development will be an advantage;
- Project management experience;
- Management/nurturing of community’s Volunteers;
- Public speaking and educational health presentations skills;
- Excellent communication and written skills;
- Counselling and humanitarian skills;
- Ability to deliver results at all times that meet CANSA’s benchmark standards;
- Strong fundraising initiatives that are mainly ‘community based;
- NGO background will be preferred;
- Microsoft knowledge is essential;
- Certified driver’s license is a definite a pre-requisite;
- Strictly non-smoker.
Salary: Negotiable within CANSA’s grading scales.
Starting date: 1 January 2013 or sooner pending availability.
To apply, submit a CV, certified copy of your ID and proof of highest latest diploma/degree to the Regional Manager – Cape Metro Region, Adeliah Jacobs at email@example.com or fax to: 086 545 7722.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not receive a response from us within 30 days, consider your application unsuccessful.
CANSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more about the Cancer Association of South Africa, refer to www.cansa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.