Breadline Africa is an African charity organisation that offers a helping hand a variety of smaller, more focussed community projects.
Breadline Africa seeks to appoint a dynamic and energetic Project Manager, based in Cape Town.
The organisation will focus on children and young people in southern Africa, converting used shipping containers into classrooms, kitchens, toilets and libraries that make a difference in their lives.
The person will manage our growing projects across South Africa.
- Lead the implementation of the Mandela Libraries project;
- Plan, schedule and manage project timelines;
- Track project deliverables;
- Monitor and report on progress of the project to stakeholders;
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders;
- Conduct regular project visits;
- Assist with organising of project events, i.e. library launches, librarian training, national library week activities;
- Provide support to Programmes team;
- Perform other relevant tasks as specifically delegated by the Programmes manager.
- Formal tertiary education.
- Qualification in project management or equivalent.
- Direct experience in project management capacity.
- Experience working with rural community projects.
- Fluency in at least one South African language and English.
- Experience in people management.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver’s licence.
Remuneration: A market-related salary to be negotiated with suitable candidate, dependent on experience and educational qualifications.
To apply, submit a CV and contact details of two independent referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 670 9126.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Breadline Africa, refer to www.breadlineafrica.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.