Baby Therapy Centre
The Baby Therapy Centre (BTC) is a Christian, interdenominational, nonprofit organisation (NPO) that supports families affected by early childhood disabilities
It is an initiative to develop quality, scalable and sustainable Early Intervention (EI) therapy programmes for disabled babies and toddlers in South Africa. BTC aims to provide holistic, family orientated care to any young child with a developmental delay and/or disability. The organisation takes action for disabled and vulnerable babies and toddlers by building and strengthening families for them to live in and grow with love, respect and security.
BTC seeks to appoint a therapist as Manager, based in Pretoria.
The Manager will be a committed Christian who is able to work effectively in a team with a diverse background, to manage and coordinate all the Early Intervention programmes / projects of the organisation. She/he will be responsible for project and programme management including strategic design and implementation, financial management, staff supervision, office management, communications, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting. S/he must have a passion for the support, development and wellbeing of young children with disabilities.
The Manager will report to the Board, the incumbent will provide strategic leadership in the development/maintenance of projects and Early Intervention therapy programmes, fundraising, resource / asset management, development of partnerships and advocating for early childhood development and intervention.
Starting date: 1 March 2014.
Coordinate and implement BTC’s projects and their programmes (including capacity building, networking, training and expansion) in the greater Pretoria area. Although each sector has its own supervisors, the manager is ultimately responsible for the overall smooth functioning of the whole Centre.
- Applicants will have appropriate tertiary qualifications (therapist) and extensive;
- Skills and experience in key components of project management;
- Interpersonal and communication skills;
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced and flexible environment;
- Pleasant disposition for dealing with prospective clients;
- Ability to deal efficiently with staff and have good financial skills;
- Computer literate and have the ability to write accurate reports;
- Experience in Early Childhood intervention is essential;
- Track record running an organisation;
- Business acumen and leading diverse teams;
- Leader / Manager with experience in child development as well as community development issues relating to disabled children’s rights and welfare;
- Functional knowledge and experience in Early Intervention (minimum five years experience);
- Minimum of three years management experience preferably in the therapy environment.
Remuneration: Provincial Administration scales related. Subsidised medical aid and retirement fund.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation letter with salary history and desired salary, a completed bio-summary form, copies of three recent testimonials from contactable referees and copies of highest qualifications to the board of the BTC at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note that the Board of Directors of BTC reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the position as stated above. Submission of an application will not, of itself, entitle the applicant to an interview.
Only South African citizens will be considered.
BTC will not be liable for the interview travel cost or relocation cost.
For more about the Baby Therapy Centre, refer to www.babytherapy.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.