AIDS Foundation of South Africa
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) was established in 1988 and its purpose is to mobilise funding to equip Community Based Organisations (CBOs) and NGOs with financial resources and appropriate skills to implement and manage primary health care and development programmes.
AFSA seeks to appoint a Programmes Coordinator in its Operations Department in Durban, based in KwaZulu-Natal.
Only applicants based in Durban and surrounds will be considered.
This is a fixed-term contract position ending in July 2015.
The successful candidate will be responsible for effective programme implementation and management, overseeing project grant making, writing detailed reports, making extensive site visits and developing and managing project budgets.
- Relevant postgraduate degree or diploma in development or related studies;
- Minimum of three years programme management experience in the NGO field;
- Strong background in project management, monitoring and evaluating programmes and CBO’s;
- Fluency in English and isiZulu or isiXhosa;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, Internet and e-mail;
- Information management experience;
- Excellent report-writing skills;
- Good understanding of community development and organisational dynamics, corporate governance and finance;
- Unendorsed driver’s licence;
- Ability to drive and available to travel extensively on a monthly basis.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum four pages) to Linda at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not be contacted by 6 May 2013, consider your application unsuccessful. Note that shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a competency based assessment.
For more about the AIDS Foundation of South Africa, refer to www.aids.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.