AgriAids is a NGO supporting the South African agricultural industry to actively address the problem of HIV/Aids. AgriAids promotes an integrated approach where awareness as well as treatment are considered essential to fight the pandemic.
The programme is working towards reducing the negative impact of HIV/Aids on commercial and emerging farming operations. AgriAids works in close cooperation with farm management and the Public Health Care. AgriAids ensures follow-up and closely monitors HIV and wellness programmes implemented on farms. The organisation is funded by PEPFAR/USAID.
AgriAids SA seeks to appoint a full-time Programme Manager, based in Pretoria.
The successful candidate should have a clear understanding and knowledge of HIV and Aids related issues. S/he should understand the special position of farm workers. S/he will represent and advocate their needs within relevant platforms. The Programme Manager of AgriAids will need to have an understanding of the government and donor structures and requirements. Communication, inter-personal skills and negotiation skills are essential. S/he will ensure AgriAids image is maintained at all levels whilst pursuing specific goals and objectives as defined by AgriAids management and donors.
- Daily management of all AgriAids projects and programmes, through the District Coordinators, with specific focus on implementing the targets outlined in the Country Operational Programme (COP);
- Ensuring all projects pursue specific goals and objectives as defined by AgriAids management and donors;
- Closely monitor all project targets to ensure optimal achievement of targets, and arrange monthly internal reporting meetings with the Chief Operating Officer;
- Constant monitoring, control and evaluation of project related activities through regular site visits;
- Organise project activities on farms and ensuring all logistical issues are in place for any planned events on farms;
- Training and guidance of District Coordinators, Counsellors and drivers;
- Ensure that lessons learned from M&E process is fed back into programme design;
- Represent and promote AgriAids to external partners working in the NGO sector (government/NGOs/donors/etc.).
- Degree in humanities and social science or related field;
- Minimum of five years senior project management experience - preferably in an NGO environment;
- Minimum of two years experience with an international donor, preferably USAID;
- Proven ability to manage and deliver relatively complex projects with a diversity of stakeholders;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English;
- Excellent computer skills, especially with the Excel programme and other database packages;
- Good negotiation and mediation skills;
- Leadership qualities;
- Strong understanding of HIV and Aids and rural health;
- Planning, administrative and project management skills.
Starting date: 1 April 2013.
To apply, submit your application to the Chief Finance Officer, Karin Jenkins at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the criteria will be contacted.
For more about AgriAids SA, refer to www.agriaids.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.