Africare seeks to appoint Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, based in Camdeboo Sub District, Graaff Reinet, Eastern Cape.
- Provide technical assistance to project district team members and project counterparts at all levels within sub district;
- Lead in the monitoring and evaluation of project activities in the sub district;
- In collaboration with the M&E Technical Advisors, collect and collate data, and use it for programmatic decision-making, M&E strategies, frameworks, plans, and indicators to capture project performance and results;
- Coordinate the successful implementation of the project's M&E activities to ensure that the project meets set targets in accordance with national and PEPFAR standards;
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual work planning process in close collaboration with the Team Leaders, Technical Advisors and the rest of the project team;
- Lead results reporting at the district level by providing written documentation on M&E activities and indicator results for progress, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as appropriate;
- In collaboration with the M & E Technical Advisors, support the district project team in developing and piloting of M&E systems for increasingly integrated HIV services, such as HIV testing, PMTCT, ART, TB/HIV management;
- Support the M & E Technical Advisors in conducting training programmes for capacity building for data clerks.Liaise with the district in the on-going implementation of patient tracking system and electronic clinical record systems such as Tier.net, ETR.net, Pedtrack and DHIS.
- Degree in health and or public-health oriented field, statistics, health informatics or related social science from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two years’ experience in successful field implementation and management of M&E programs in HIV/AIDS for public, private or NGO sector;
- Minimum of two years professional experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities and / or operational research, preferably in a clinical setting;
- Minimum of two years of working experience in the management of large databases;
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation principles, techniques, and methods;
- Writing skills, including writing of reports, proposals, and fundraising materials;
- Knowledge of M&E and PEPFAR program activities in South Africa;
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform;
- Ability to manage several major multidimensional activities simultaneously;
- Ability to travel extensively to supported sites.
To apply submit a CV and details of three contactable references to Administrative Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Africare is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to workplace diversity.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Africare, refer to www.africare.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.