Africare seeks to appoint Clinical Nurse Mentor, based in Intsika Yethu Sub District, Cofimvaba, Eastern Cape.
- Provide direct clinical training and mentorship to the health care workers at Africare supported sites on HIV and AIDS prevention, care, treatment and support services - which includes among others counselling and testing, adult/Paeds care and treatment, TB/HIV integration services including infection control and prevention, PMTCT and other prevention activities;
- Participate in regular outreach support and mentorship to NIMART approved Health Facilities;
- Ensure functional and efficient linkages between different components of the HIV and AIDS comprehensive management framework;
- Identify training needs and co-ordinate trainings in conjunction with the DCOP Programs and government partners;
- Work with the M&E team, assist in monitoring and evaluation of the Care and Treatment Programme, with regular onsite data feedback to improve programme implementation;
- Prepare and submit monthly reports on activities to the DCOP Programmes.
- Degree/Diploma in General Nursing Science, Community Nursing and Midwifery. Certificates in HCT, PMTCT, TB/HIV and NIMART
- Diploma in Primary Health Care will be an added advantage .Registration with the SANC as a Professional Nurse;
- Experience in providing HIV&AIDS services in South Africa public health sector;
- Communication, report writing, presentation and interpersonal skills. Computer literacy – MS Office
- Valid driver’s licence and ability to travel extensively to facilities.
To apply submit a CV and details of three contactable references to Administrative Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Africare is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to workplace diversity.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Africare, refer to www.africare.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.